Unripe papaya contains natural alpha-hydroxy acids and high levels of papain, an enzyme that helps dissolve dead skin cells. Pineapple has lots of the enzyme bromelian, which helps remove the outer layers of skin to reduce age spots and wrinkles. Used together, the enzymes and AHAs in papaya and pineapple naturally exfoliate and lighten skin color.
- 1/2 fresh papaya, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Juice papaya and pineapple in juicer, blender or mash them up. Strain out the pulp with fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Gently wash your chest, neck and face.
- Apply juice to chest, neck and face avoiding the eye area. You can also do the backs of your hands.
- Relax and let it work for 10-15 minutes. It will tingle and itch. This is the AHAs working so try not to scratch.
- Rinse with warm water and moisturize.
You can do this mask 1-2 times a week. And if you have extra juice, it will keep in the refrigerator in a closed container for a week.
You can also add turmeric to this mask.Its anti-inflammatory powers are used to reduce the signs of aging, exfoliate dead skin, clear the skin and ease eczema.